One of these beautiful homes could be yours! Located in Burien, these homes are slated to be built and you could be one of the first new homeowners! Residents living at these homes will enjoy a reasonable commute to many job centers, excellent schools, shops and services within walking distance, and an active and caring community. These homes are only a short drive to various parks including Sunset Park, Burien Park, and Mathison Park. There are numerous public, charter and private school options nearby.
These homes are expected to be completed in 2025 with families selected in Spring of 2024
- 5 units (four 3-bedroom units and one 4-bedroom unit)
- 1310-1662 sq. ft.
- One parking spot per unit
Entire development (est. completion 2028):
- 40 units total over 8 phases
- Must make 80% AMI or less (see chart below)
- Willing to partner & complete sweat equity
- Must currently work or live in King County
Habitat requires our homebuyers to finance the purchase of their home with a mortgage. Any portion of the projected purchase price which is not covered by the mortgage, cash down payment, and/or down payment assistance will be provided by Habitat.
Your monthly payment will be based on your income and household size. Homebuyers must show that they can afford this payment without being cost-burdened (defined as spending more than 35% for your gross income for housing).
- 3 bedroom units – Monthly housing payment range is estimated at $1,745 – $2,500
- 4 bedroom units – Monthly housing payment range is estimated at $1,950 – $2,700
Applicants must show that they have the minimum cash contribution (1% of the purchase price) set aside at the time of applying.
- 3 bedroom units – $5,000 minimum cash contribution
- 4 bedroom units – $6,000 minimum cash contribution
|Household Size||80% AMI|
These homes are in an area with an average home price over $815,000 and rising! As with the more than 390 new, low-income homeowners Habitat has served in King County, these new residents will receive financing with help from Habitat to ensure their housing costs are affordable. The property will be placed in a land trust providing permanent affordability for future generations and ensure that working individuals and families continue to have a place to build lives in Seattle.
Applications are expected to open in Spring of 2024. Please join our mailing list to get notified when applications are available for new homes.