Through our Home Repair Program, Habitat provides critical and minor home repairs that alleviate health and safety issues for qualified homeowners in King and Kittitas Counties. If you live in King County, please contact (206) 895-1320. If you live in Kittitas County, please contact (509) 818-1974. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Critical Home Repair
- Roofs, Gutters and Siding
- Exterior Paint
- Steps, Ramps, Decks, Railings, Fences and Retaining Walls
- Walkways and Driveways
- Exterior/Interior Doors
- Electrical, Plumbing and Heating Repairs
- All listed on Minor Home Repair
- Other repairs as needed, concerning
preservation of the home.
Minor Home Repair
- Gutter Cleaning
- Siding Cleaning
- Moss, brush and debris removal
- Fence replacement/repair
- Walkway repair
- Handrail installation
- Accessibility Modifications
Free w/ referral
- The CAPABLE program is a FREE program developed by Johns Hopkins to help older adults live safely in their homes. All CAPABLE participants must be referred through Aging and Disabilities Services Case Manager.
- For more information, please contact Jessica Schell (206) 640-7498 or email CAPABLE@habitatskc.org
Home Repair Qualifications and Requirements
- Applicants must own and occupy the home for a minimum of one year.
- Household income must not exceed 80% AMI (See chart, applicant must provide income for all residents 18 years+).
- Applicants must be qualified through the underwriting process to determine final eligibility.
- Critical Home Repair Projects may be subject to a deferred loan that will be secured with a recorded Deed of Trust. If you have a reverse mortgage or you live in a manufactured home built after 1976 that is not on property you own, you may be eligible for a grant in lieu of the deferred loan and a $100 program fee may apply.
- Minor Home Repair projects are subject to a one-time $50 application fee.
- Homeowner must have proof of current homeowners’ insurance.
- Homeowner or a representative shall agree to partner with Habitat by contributing volunteer hours and completing a home maintenance class provided by Habitat.
For further information please check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page linked below:
2023 Income Qualification Chart
|Family Size||King County Maximum Gross Income (80% AMI)||Kittitas County Maximum Gross Income (80% AMI)|
We are so blessed not only to be involved with your program, but to also have a wonderful, considerate and efficient group of people service us and our home. They went out of their way on a couple of occasions to make sure we were happy and satisfied with their work. Thank you so much for this opportunity.”Barbara & Irvin
How To Apply
- Intake: Fill out a form on our website or call:
- King County office at (206) 895-1320.
- Kittitas County office at (509) 818-1974.
- Email email@example.com.
- Application: Once we determine eligibility, you will receive an application. Upon application completion and approval, we will contact you to schedule a site visit.
- Site Visit & Review: We will schedule a visit to determine what home repairs we can conduct and create a scope of work and estimated project cost.
- Repair: We will work on your home repairs with Habitat staff, AmeriCorps, sub-contractors, and community volunteers.
Scheduling is based upon urgency, weather, funding and the current pipeline of applicants.
Habitat SKKC is always looking for skilled contractors for repair projects. If you are a contractor or know someone who is a contractor and are interested in bidding on future projects, please fill out our contractor form!