Critical Home Repair – King County
Habitat’s Home Repair Program works with homeowners who need assistance with critical repairs that will alleviate health and safety issues. Please complete and submit an intake form if you are interested in applying.
Eligible projects may include:
- Siding repair
- Steps, Ramps, Porches, Decks and Retaining Walls
- Walkways and Driveways
- Brush and Junk Removal
- Exterior Painting
- Windows and Exterior Doors
- Interior Work (on a case by case basis)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Applicants must own and occupy the home for a minimum of one year, and must provide proof of income for all household members.
- Household income must not exceed 80% AMI. (see chart)
- All applications are sent to underwriting, which will determine applicant eligibility.
- Applicants must be qualified through the underwriting process to determine final eligibility.
- Projects that cost over $2,500 require the homeowner to agree to a deferred loan that will be secured with a recorded Deed of Trust. If you have a reverse mortgage or you live in a manufactured home built after 1976 that is not on property you own, you may be eligible for a grant in lieu of the deferred loan and a $100 program fee may apply.
- Homeowner must have proof of current homeowners insurance.
- Homeowner or a representative shall agree to partner with Habitat by contributing a minimum of 8 volunteer hours and attending a 2-hour home maintenance class.