Skip to content
How to Apply for Home Repair Programs
- Intake Form: The first step is to fill out an intake form. An applicant can do this here on our website. If an applicant doesn’t have internet access, they can call our office at 206.855.5083 and we can do their intake over the phone.
- Full Application: Once we process their intake, we will determine if the applicant meets our basic requirements. If the applicant meets the requirements for the program, we will notify them and send them a full application. Once they turn in a completed application, and we approve it, we will contact them and set up a time for the site visit.
- Site Visit: Someone from our repair team will visit the applicant’s home to determine what kind of repairs need to be made, and if they fall under our scope of work. For Aging in Place projects, an in home assessment will be provided by the Homeowner Services Coordinator to determine what services the homeowner may need.
- Review: During this phase, Habitat creates a plan for Critical Repairs, Home Preservation, and assesses Aging in Place work. Then creates a scope of work and project cost. Schedule is based upon funding, weather, and urgency.
- Repair: Habitat works to repair the home using Habitat staff, AmeriCorps, and possibly contractors and community volunteers.