Required Documentation for Your Application
When submitting an application to own a Habitat Home, there are a few documents that you must submit for us to fully review your file.
- Identification documents for applicant and co-applicant ; one photo ID (Driver’s License/Passport/Residency Card) or two forms of supplemental ID (such as a birth certificate or social security card).
- Most recent pay stubs for all household members (1 month)
- Most recent 2 years of tax returns (With all forms, schedules, and corresponding W2s and/or 1099s)
- Certified Copies of current year to date profit and loss statement or current year-to-date receivables receipts. (If self-employed)
- Past month’s bank statements for all household members
- Current Award letters for SSI, Social Security, SSDI, TANF, or other public assistance.
- Child support (OPTIONAL) or alimony payment records
- Divorce decree/legal separation/child support documents (if applicable)
- Proof of assets (401k, stocks, bonds, IRA) for all household members
- (OPTIONAL) Pre-approval Letter from an approved lender
Habitat homebuyers need to secure financing from an approved lender. It is important to remember that you do not need a pre-approval letter to apply for a Habitat home. Our office will let you know if and when it is time to contact a lender.
When do I apply for a Pre-Approval Letter?
The first step to participate in the Habitat program is to apply with Habitat for the home you are most interested in purchasing. Once your application has been reviewed and your eligibility is verified our office will contact you and provide you with a Lender Letter to present to the approved lender you choose. Preparing your documents in advance will expedite the pre-approval process.
Selection coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org